Tuesday 15 January 2013

The Purple Blanket of Love

Whew...I am finally finished knitting the Purple Blanket of Love which was made for a baby girl born by Cesarean section on December 21. That was fast knitting for this slow knitter, but if I took too long she would outgrow the small blanket.

Here is why I knit a purple baby blanket. This is the email I (and others) received from the baby's mother on December 20.
As many of you know, I am a complete fan of the book, Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster by Peggy Huddleston, and her recommendation is to enlist a support group. You are it! Here’s what she says:
“Let your mind go back to a time you felt a lot of love for me. Replay that scene in your mind until you feel the love. When you feel connected to me, as if I were right next to you, wrap me in a purple Blanket of Love for 30 minutes, starting at 8 am tomorrow morning.”


1 comment:

Roisin said...

Ahhhh.....sounds like you put love into every stitch Alane. That Mum and baby will feel it too.